Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Same Sunbob, But Different

Okay, it's time to officially take this site in a new direction. Actually I have been doing that for almost a year and a half but just wasn't ready to make the changes official. I see now that it is time. I see that Mediacom has changed their web hosting protocols and I have lost the archives of my original site. The original Poker Room is no longer. It is time to move on.

This site started in 2005 as a vehicle for reporting on the activities of a weekly on-line poker tournament. Holdem Affair was the original private, invitation only tournament on a UltimateBet.com. The tournament is still played every Saturday night, but I haven't played in quite some time. They are a great bunch of people and I still love them. It is just that my life has changed and I rarely have the time or the interest to play poker anymore.

So I have given the site a new look and a new title. Well, really all I did was take poker out of the title. I am still the same old Sunbob - I just don't think about poker much anymore, much less talk about it.

My world is really consumed by my work and my family. A lot has happened in the past 18 months. The store were I work was flooded by the Cedar River in June of 2008 and I have been working hard to recover from that assault. This past summer has been just as full but in a much more positive way. My wife was ordained as a full elder in the United Methodist Church. The Rev is an amazing woman - I am proud to say that we have been married for 35 years. Then, if that wasn't enough, my daughter was married Labor Day week-end. Yes, 2009 was a better year.

I will continue to post, if fact I want to post more this year. I am just going to make this more personal - my musings and ramblings, maybe even a rant or two, as we go through life.

One thing will never change, my wish for you. I wish you . . .
PEACE

No comments: