Thursday, February 04, 2010

Lights in City Hall

Last night when I left work there were lights on in the City Hall on Mays Island, third floor. This building has been abandoned since the flood and the city council has been fighting about whether or not they should return to this building. I haven't seen any lights in this building for about a year and a half.

Ron Corbett, our new mayor, ran on a platform of returning the city government to this building. I wonder what is going on.

Oh well, I don't claim to have any inside information about this. I just work downtown and have a vested interest in the recovery of the downtown district. Personally, I don't see any reason to not return. We have returned to our building just across the river, so I really don't understand why the city can't return to City Hall.

No comments: