Friday, August 03, 2007

KIVA

This story is for those who haven't noticed and clicked on the link I have on the right side of this site. I discovered Kiva last April and have made a habit of picking one recipient each month since then. I have six now in my portfolio and growing. It just seems like the right thing to do and I want to encourage all of my readers to look into this. If you win one $5 SnG you have the money to help someone. One of the things I like best about this site is that ALL of the moey that you send goes to the recipient. Please check it out.

I just made a loan to someone in the developing world using a revolutionary new website called Kiva.
You can go to Kiva's website and lend to someone in the developing world who needs a loan for their business - like raising goats, selling vegetables at market or making bricks. Each loan has a picture of the entrepreneur, a description of their business and how they plan to use the loan so you know exactly how your money is being spent - and you get updates letting you know how the business is going. The best part is, when the entrepreneur pays back their loan you get your money back - and Kiva's loans are managed by microfinance institutions on the ground who have a lot of experience doing this, so you can trust that your money is being handled responsibly.
I just made a loan to an entrepreneur named Francisco Salinas Marín in Paraguay. They still need another $200.00 to complete their loan request of $500.00 (you can loan as little as $25.00!). Help me get this business off the ground by clicking on the link below to make a loan to Francisco Salinas Marín too:
http://kiva.org/app.php?page=businesses&action=about&id=15387&referralId=
It's finally easy to actually do something about poverty - using Kiva I know exactly who my money is loaned to and what they're using it for. And most of all, I know that I'm helping them build a sustainable business that will provide income to feed, clothe, house and educate their family long after my loan is paid back.
Join me in changing the world - one loan at a time.
Peace,
Sunbob---------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

Tom Gray said...

Hi Sunbob,

I'm a fellow Kiva user and couldn't agree more. Very satisfying. Thanks for spreading the word about it.

Regards,
Tom