Friday, February 19, 2010
Back in the USA
Well, we made it back home. Actually the trip home went off without a hitch. All three flights on time, the bags were in CR and the landings smooth. Couldn't ask for anything better. Of course it was a full 24 hours from the time we entered the airport in Tel Aviv to the time we left the airport in Cedar Rapids but hey, that's life.
I have about 400 pictures to go through and some video so it will be awhile before I get media out.
The Rev and I had a great time. We have so many stories to tell. . .
- Rev preaching at the pool of Bethesda
- Praying at the Western Wall
- Sunbob eating fish from the Sea of Galilee
- an Ash Wednesday service in an ancient chapel in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. (never again will I be able to receive the ashes without remembering that experience.)
- Entering the Garden Tomb (yes, it is still empty). Then taking communion at the site.
- Remembering our baptism in (yes in) the Jordan River.
I went to Jerusalem expecting to see "sites". What I didn't expect was getting to meet some of the people. I have a whole new perspective on the Palestine/Israel conflict.
More to come as I debrief.