Tuesday, February 16, 2010

We are in the Holy Land

We finally made it to Jerusalem and are enjoying our tours of the Holy Land.

Yesterday we learned a lot about the Palastinians and the conflicts over here. We have visited the West Bank as well as the Golan Heights.

The highpoints for me today occured on and in the water. We took a boat ride on the Sea of Galilee. This is one of the real places that we can be sure of. We visit all of these sights and you really wonder just how real they are - but the Sea of Galilee is real. We stopped the boat away from shore and were served communion by the Bishop. It was an amazing event.

Later we visited the Jordan River. The photo at the top is from the place that is identified as the site were John baptised Jesus. Whether this is really the spot or not didn't deminish the impact for me. When we stepped from the bank, into the waters of the river, to remember our baptism was a very emotional experience for me. Surely something I will remember and carry with me the rest of my days.

I will have many more pictures when we get home and I can sort through them. I have gone through 2 sets of batteries already and the video camera battery is almost done as well.

To all of you my wish and prayer is for the one thing that seems to elude this very special land. . .

PEACE

No comments: