Friday, July 29, 2011

Garlic and Summer Squash this week

Carrots, onions, potatoes, garlic, beets and summer squash were featured in our CSA box this week.  Fresh basil and parsley joined a couple of chilli peppers to round it out.  I fixed the squash for dinner tonight and it was delicious.  I can't wait to use the garlic.

I picked up a trick from my daughter over the weekend that I am going to try - she roasts her beets and then stores them in the refrigerator to use later.  She said to roast them in their skins and then the skins come right off.  I have to try this.

The Rev and I are eating mostly vegetables now this summer.  Tonight dinner consisted of potatoes, squash, carrots and wax beans.  Some of the fresh parsley on the beans and squash made for a very nice (and filling) meal.  We didn't even miss not having any meat.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not becoming a vegetarian, but when the veggies are this fresh, it is hard not to pig out on them.

Peace.

No comments: