Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Dark Red Norland potatoes

Check this out.  Our CSA box last Friday was great.  I already have a pan of potatoes, zuchinni, and carrots ready for the grill when I remembered I needed a picture for this site. 

Dark Red Norland potatoes were the featured item this week.  The first potatoes of the season.  They were small, firm and tasted wonderful.  All I did was sprinkle some olive oil on the veggies in that pan and seasoned them with Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.  Roast them on the grill and you are good to go.


We also found a beautiful onion, a small eggplant, and three beets.  I haven't sliced the beets yet but I think at least one of them is a striped beet.  I've never had those before so I'm looking forward to that.  I will probably just slice them up and boil them, at least the first time.


Peace.

No comments: