Tuesday, August 18, 2009

60 Years Together

The Sunbob clan had a great time last weekend. We all got together to celebrate my parent's 60th Wedding Anniversary.

All five of the sons descended upon the homestead and brought along our families to boot. We couldn't remember the last time that everybody was together in one place at the same time.
Here you are - 4 generations and all you are missing is one daughter-in-law and two grandchildren.


Here are the sons in ascending order, left to right, youngest to oldest. Yes the bearded one is me. It's not easy getting all of us to stand still long enough to take a picture. We have too much fun when we are together. I must say, that one of my true pleasures is being with those four. Unfortunately our lives have scattered us around the country and it takes an event like this to get us all together.

But the real pleasure was honoring my parents. I am very fortunate to have two excellent parents. I don't really know how to put it into words. I guess I'll just say that their love, caring and support has been a great gift throughout my life. I can only hope that some day, maybe when the Rev and I celebrate our 60th anniversary, someone will be able to say the same about me. If I succeed in accomplishing that - it will be a tribute to these two.

Peace

No comments: