Sunday, June 07, 2009

It Is Done

It is done.

We made the trip to Ames. We marched into the hall, the bishop laid on his hands, then a bunch of us laid on our hands and it is done. The Rev is now officially an elder in the United Methodist Church.

It was a great two days. Both of our families were well represented. The Rev's mother escaped from her nursing home and joined the two sisters and the brother to be on hand. Three of my brothers made the trip and brought my parents along as well. And of course both of our daughters were in the audience and very proud of their mother. In addition, a large group from our church hopped in their cars after Sunday morning services and made the two hour journey to Ames to be there for the celebration.

I was on stage with her as well as three of our former pastors. I managed to keep it together and didn't cry even once. All I can say is that the Rev and I were both deeply moved by the support.

This has been a wonderful day in the life of our family, I hope that you too will have great days ahead in your life.

May the Lord bless you and keep you.
The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious unto you;
may the Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you

PEACE.

No comments: